Thursday, June 29, 2017

"Live from the Cafe" Unveiling, Among Other Things

Well, here we are; cue 2001: A Space Odyssey theme!

XL

Pretty colorful, eh?

Once again, great work by Mitch Bentley of Atomic Fly Studios, Harrisburg, PA. This time my publisher, Larry Knorr of Sunbury Press Books did the honors with the lettering.

We've kept it pretty close to the style and way of "A Moment in the Sun," and I think this is a good way...the cover always makes it, right?

Does it not make you want to enter the cafe...?

So what is all this? The hamlet of Harlandsville, Quebec is a very small town, tucked off the Trans Canada Highway somewhere in the neighborhood of Montreal, but far enough out that it's a distant land.

Where the life revolves around this weird little cafe, where the coffee is made through a strange machine, the owners are quirky, the workers and regulars even quirkier, and there are strange, mysterious and famous(?) guests who drop in, drink coffee, talk and play music.

What more fun do you need?

Now...in the midst of my writing this...

...my attorney and I engaged in a long discussion that led us into a caffeine-fueled world of other possibilities, for writing, for the various odd things I do, and the where the weird IS THE NEW FUCKING NORMAL.

The possiblities are there...I'm feeling better and more positive right now than I have in a very long time. It's a nice feeling. The work is going to pay off, in ways I had not imagined. 

It's all good.

Now...I'm going to sign my documents, and get into Mark Manson's "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck."

Among other things my mind works upon.

Thank you for the support. I hope you find it in you on July 11 or after to pick up "Live..." either from Sunbury Press, or that online monster company, or me.

Peace. Out.




No comments:

Post a Comment