Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dentists, Shady Dealers, Publishers and that Fucking Train Song!!!

Do forgive me if I haven't mentioned by way of explanation how much I hate that "Hey Soul Sister" song by Train.


The singer is featured on the cover of Pro Audio Magazine, using some wireless mic.  I had to be reminded; then I had to hear that fucking song again in the dentist's office today.


They were playing "The Blend" via my old company, Sirius/XM.  Sounds like any boring, conservative Adult Contemporary, No Blacks Allowed radio station.  Shitty A/C songs, one after the other.  I would rather have had muzak.


The Train song is one of the worst singles I have ever heard in my life.  It's sad that the title track of the album it is from, "Save Me, San Francisco" is a great song.


That whiny voice singing about Mr. Mister, one of the worst of the 80's pop groups, his girlfriend "cutting a rug," does that asshole even know what that actually means...just awful, soulless, sappy lyrics with too many hooks.


But I digress.


I've had my teeth and gums dug through for the final time this morning at the dentist.  The lower right needed it bad; this is what you get for not going to a dentist for 22 years.


But other than five fillings over the past few months and the deep cleaning, I do have the beginning stages of periodontal disease.  Not as bad as it seems; caught it in time, gotta do that stuff they tell you to do.  Still, yuck.


My old friend Peter Carli has often said when it comes to the music business:  "There's the music business, and there's the music BUSINESS."


How true.  There are also a lot of people in this business you need to be careful of.  I'm not too pleased with reports I've gotten about recent individuals who have left a bad taste in the mouths of others.


It's part of it; you need to watch your ass.  


Getting the bad taste of Train out of my mouth with Slayer, the ORB and other music...cleansing, ahhhh...


Now...good news @ last:  my agent informs me that another publisher has agreed to read the first book, Sweet Dreams:  Searching for Roy Buchanan.  Puts the count back to four that are considering it.  


Very nice to hear.  Still working on "Out Among the Stars," my latest creation.  We're at the end of Chapter 11, but as usual, there's holes all over the place.  My hope is to get the first draft out, then I can go back and piece things together properly.


This is pretty normal; I'm not too worried about it yet.


Nasty weather; three or four inches of heavy wet snow, and while it's stopped, my guess is there will be more.  The big worry I'm having right now, is that it'll freeze on tonight.  That will suck wind.


Also considering my hill to the house goes straight up, then angles 90 degrees to the left, while still going straight up.  Lovely.


Okay...stuff to do...!

No comments:

Post a Comment