Friday, December 10, 2010

"Away from the Numbers...is Where I'm Gonna Be..."

Again, the Jam track arrives on my Walkman Shuffler...nice.


I have been sitting in the Office the past four hours on his dreary, snow flurrying, nasty day.  The last few days have been very slow in terms of productivity, but I get bits done that make me feel like I'm not completely wasting my time.


The Stephen King lookalike is here...he's creepier than Steve!  The Intense Indian Lady and her Laptop are here, Leisure Suit Larry (in lime green sweater no less!) was here and gone, as were the Coffeehouse Preacher, the Loudmouth, and somebody's girlfriend.  Oh dear...Jakob the Liar is here too with his Missus...oh my how interesting.


Fun to watch the lack of action.  I've been penning some new lyrics, which may or may not work, but I've got them down, which is good.  I'm still dealing with the Black Dog to some extent, but it's not as bad as it was of late.  Have put some things together here and there...


Trying to get ready for work tomorrow, then I also have to pack and get the house cleaned up.  I'm headed to Maine, and I am hopeful to get a business meeting secured, along with some other possibles.  Too much to think about right now, I'm afraid.


My mind has too much on it, and yet nothing at all.  I think a change of scene is needed, and I'll get that next week.  Right now, I don't know.  


It looks like this:  I have a writing project that I aim to start in the future.  It is one that is still being put together in the thought process.  It's going to be too difficult to dash off.  Lot of back story, character development, and the reason why the fuck all of this is going on.  Long way to fucking go there.


As that gestates:  on my jump drive are two manuscripts.  One has been beaten into shape again, so I don't suppose I need it right this very second on there.  Another is one that could use another go, and I must get that in line.


There is also the outlines for the new project; the lyrics for two songs, and other notes for different bits.  ROLL THAT UP IN YOUR JOINT AND SMOKE IT, STEPHANIE MEYER!


I don't mean to rip on Stephanie, but then again, I do.  You know, when you become that popular, people are gonna target you.  I don't expect to become that popular, but I know if I do, then X-rated fan fiction about the Sweet Dreams Series will be out there...I'll know I've made it then!


Oh well...I am trying very hard to focus my thoughts, and my concerns, and it really is hard today.  This is what I deal with; some days I'm on it, and I'm focused and getting shit done.  Other days, my thoughts go off into space like they were fired out of a 20-gauge shotgun.


I have Frank Zappa's "Trans-Fusion" sitting on the table in front of me.  Looks really interesting...always been a casual fan, but my brain needs something more musically interesting, and perhaps this is it.


Okay, let's see if I can take stock of the jump drive and figure my next move.  It's gotta get done.



No comments:

Post a Comment